|Wireless Remote Control
|Scope of Delivery
The Cable Fox Model (CFX) is KISTERS latest towing system for manual measurement of stream flow with an ADCP or surface velocity radar device. The electric motorized trolley can be easily installed on new or existing cableways. Via a radio remote control, the user controls the towing trolley with an attached ADCP or velocity radar device across the cableway.
Thanks to the powerful motorization and the cable hoist provided, the Cable Fox can position the measuring instrument at fixed measuring points across the stream cross-section or use the ‘moving boat’ method for ADCP measurements with the variable speed control feature.
Cableways fitted with the Cable Fox do not need a permanently installed motor as the Cable Fox has an onboard DC powered motor.
The large range of the remote control (up to 400 m) allows operation even at very wide stream cross-sections.
- Variable traversing speed
- Models for various main cable diameters
- Hoist attachment to adjust tether line to raise and lower ADCP trimaran/board
- Encoder for distance measurement across the stream section
- Low power consumption
- Frequency band: license-free ISM band
- Auto retrieval feature brings the carriage back to the user/river bank, if the radio connection breaks. (except for EU models).
- CE-compliant (all models),
declaration of incorporation in accordance with the EU Machinery Directive
The Cable Fox is especially suitable for towing and positioning of ADCP boats or velocity radar devices for ﬂow and discharge measurement.