TB7 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
TB7 is a new generation high-quality tipping bucket rain gauge for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations when used in conjunction with the Undercover data logger (see flip side) or a smart communication module. TB7 is a reliable… Read more
|0.2 mm (0.008 inch), 0.5 mm (0.02 inch), 0.01”
|700 mm per hour (27.56 inch per hour)
Alternatively: Individual accuracy +/-2 % at any set intensity specified by the user, calibration required (Please note: additional costs for individually calibrated units)
|Enclosure and Base
|Ground sapphire pivots
|Teflon impregnated injection moulded
|Operating Temperature Ranges
|2.1 kg (4.63 lbs)
TB7 is a new generation high-quality tipping bucket rain gauge for measuring rainfall and precipitation in remote and unattended locations when used in conjunction with the Undercover data logger (see flip side) or a smart communication module. TB7 is a reliable ‘low cost’ device with a very good accuracy across a broad range of rainfall intensities.
The TB7’s tried and proven design ensures long-term, accurate and repeatable results. It is manufactured from high quality, durable materials ensuring long-term stability in the harshest of environments. Enclosure and base consists of robust UV-resistant ASA polymer, and fasteners and filter are made of stainless steel.
TB7 provides a finger filter that ensures the collector catch area remains unblocked when leaves, bird droppings and other debris find their way into the catch.
The TB7’s base incorporates two water outlets at the bottom allowing for water collection and data verification.
Maintenance of the TB7 is easy, because removal of the outer enclosure and access to the tipping bucket mechanism and finger filter assembly is made easy with quick release fasteners.
- Type: non-syphoning
- In-built bird guard
- Individually buretted and batch calibrated
- Long term stablility
- Minimal maintenance required
- Robust design for all environments
- Expandability: Optional autonomous real-time rain monitoring and reporting system RainTrak Undercover with in-built telemetry and logging (see flip side)
- Classical Meteorology and Climatology
- Environmental, hydrological and air quality monitoring
- Water treatment plants, dams, reservoirs
- Agriculture, agrometeorology
- Water resources management
- Research, citizen scientists